- About us
Main museum functions
- Collect museum items, to add to existing collections and to form new collections, to accept finds from archaeological excavations in accordance with the procedure established by the Minister of Culture.
- Ensure the accounting and protection of the museum's treasures and the accessibility of museum items to the public.
- Research and classify museum items and collections and the processes of societal and natural development they reflect.
- Conserving, restoring museum objects.
- Make the public aware of the museum's treasures and collections: to organise permanent and temporary expositions and exhibitions, to publish the results of scientific research, catalogues of the museum's treasures, to produce publications promoting the museum, and to carry out educational work.
The main tasks are the preservation, management and restoration of the immovable cultural property handed over to the Daugyvenė Museum, as well as the collection, preservation, study and display of museum treasures.
In carrying out these tasks, the Daugyvenė Museum:
- Researches archaeological and mythological objects of the region, the history of cities, towns, manors and villages, architecture, daily life, folk art and customs.
- Researches the history of Šeduva and its surroundings, collects exhibits, and organises museum expositions.
- Researches the history and architecture of Kleboniškės and other villages, relocates traditional architecture buildings of lasting value to Kleboniškės village, forms homesteads and restores the original structure of the village, builds other buildings characteristic of the village, collects exhibits and prepares expositions.
- Researches the history of Burbiškis and other manors, repairs and restores the surviving buildings of Burbiškis Manor and the park, restores the manor's homestead and the park with all its components, collects artefacts, and prepares museum exhibitions and facilities for tourist accommodation.
- Protects, manages, researches and prepares the Daugyvenė (Raginėnai) complex of archaeological monuments for tourists.
- Provides services for sightseers and tourists.
- Participates in joint county museum programmes.
- Organises cultural events related to the museum's activities.
- Monitors and records the condition of the region's cultural heritage.